Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
golovemd_gw

Problem with Sears Garage Door Opener

golovemd
13 years ago

I have a Sear/Craftsman GDO Model # 41A3625. Everything was working fine until last night when the breaker that the entire garage runs off of tripped. My sump pump is on the same breaker and has been running lately due to the excessive rain, so it may have tripped it. Anyway, I went outside to find that the garage door no longer opened. I first tried with the universal keypad I put outside that no longer works. So I opened the side door and tried the button. The door will open as long as I hold the button inside the garage down. As soon as I release the button, it goes back up. If I quickly tap the button, the door will stop. I cannot get it to stop all the way down however, it stays a couple inches from the ground. I do not have any sensors on the rails so it cannot be a bad sensor or sensor misalignment. I had my car's visor programmed for the opener and that no longer works either. The battery in the remotes that came with the unit are dead, so I have not gotten replacements yet to see if the unit will respond to them at all. I don't have a manual and searched online and cannot find any suggestions for this exact problem. Anyone have any idea on what I could try to do to fix this? Many thanks in advance for any help.

Comments (2)