Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Green roofing material -Armorlite roofing?

Posted by nicky_2006 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 08 at 14:19

Looking to replace our asphalt roof with a greener material.
So,have read about metal roofs,but found a product on the HGTV Pro website...Armorliteroofing.com. Seems it's a GE developed polymer material. Seems to be rather new, and installed mainly in California now. Anyone out there have this material or know of anyone who's used it? Ok, a polymer doesn't seem so green to me. Thanks for any info on this material.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Green roofing material -Armorlite roofing?

Clay roofing tiles is as green as you can get without using thatch.

o

Have seen thatch overseas,it's neat. Guess roofing products aren't as advanced as I'd like them to be. Did post same question over in another forum, added to it because we have copper gutters. Thinking of metal roofing, but because of galvanic corrosion (thanks,mike13) that probably won't work. Still searching for a better product,green as I can get it.

o

If your roofs flat a membrane roof thats white or has a reflective coating meets energy star req.
For a sloped roof metal would be good choice it has a long life cycle and is recyclable.

o

we just used an armorlite roof on our remodel and we LOVE IT!!! it was the perfect fit for what we were doing, and probably the most eco friendly roof out there. it is made with recycled material and fully recyclable. the best thing so far besides being able to walk on it to clean our upstairs windows is that our energy bills for the last three months is almost half of what it was last year, and the attic(game room) is much much cooler. HIGHLY RECOMENDED!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here