Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sprinler system water has stained our wood fence, any ideas??

Posted by joss-1 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 14:04

Hi all, A few questions about our privacy fences: Does anyone know how to clean the mineral/iron staining on our wood privacy fences caused by our sprinkler system? Can it be pressure washed or does it have to be stained over? If it can be cleaned is there a protective sealer or something that I can paint in the areas being affected? I'm not sure what type of wood it is, but its not redwood or anything with color, just natural. Thank you!! Joss

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sprinler system water has stained our wood fence, any ideas??

you may cna pressure wash it and get rid of the stain. but you should get your sprinklers properly aimed so that they don't soak the fence. if this is not possible, annual treating of the fence with Thompson's Water Seal or a similar product should limit future staining.

o
RE: Sprinkler system water has stained our wood fence, any ideas?

Thank you. Unfortunately I do have one area of fence that is going to get sprayed regardless how I aim the heads and it faces the street so I won't mind treating it yearly. Joss

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here