Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage Door Keypad Problem

Posted by dsmlexy (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 8, 08 at 11:02

I also posted this under Garages/Workshops, but I'm desperate for help, so I will post here as well:

I have a Craftsman garage door opener that was installed by a previous owner and lack an owner's manual.

My remote only worked a couple of times after I bought the place, so I've been punching in my code on the keypad to open the door. The door started acting funny - closing, then occasionally re-opening. I changed the keypad code 2 weeks ago and everything has been fine, until today.

I entered my code and the keypad started blinking, usually if I press 'enter' again, the door will open. Today it didn't. I tried re-entering my code, with the same result.

The keypad panel has instructions on how to reset the code and how to set a temporary pin. I tried the temporary pin procedure, but it is difficult to pull off when you can't see if the motor light is blinking.

My car is locked in the garage. (detached garage)

I don't know the model number on the motor, but my remote is model #139.53681B (I only have one)

The keypad has one section that looks like it can be removed - one tiny screw holds it on - I think this is where the battery is? (I don't have a screwdriver small enough to open it)

Ideas on what is wrong with the keypad?

Any suggestions on how to get the door open?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Keypad Problem

f the only way into your garage is the main garage door I would recommend you call a door technician. They can usually drill a small hole and snare the rope for the manual release. They can then install a keyed release in this hole in case of future problems. They could also repair or replace your opener at the same time.

o
RE: Craftsman Garage Door Keypad Problem

I have the same problem and got new key pad and it still don't work

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here