Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dsmlexy

Craftsman Garage Door Keypad Problem

dsmlexy
15 years ago

I also posted this under Garages/Workshops, but I'm desperate for help, so I will post here as well:

I have a Craftsman garage door opener that was installed by a previous owner and lack an owner's manual.

My remote only worked a couple of times after I bought the place, so I've been punching in my code on the keypad to open the door. The door started acting funny - closing, then occasionally re-opening. I changed the keypad code 2 weeks ago and everything has been fine, until today.

I entered my code and the keypad started blinking, usually if I press 'enter' again, the door will open. Today it didn't. I tried re-entering my code, with the same result.

The keypad panel has instructions on how to reset the code and how to set a temporary pin. I tried the temporary pin procedure, but it is difficult to pull off when you can't see if the motor light is blinking.

My car is locked in the garage. (detached garage)

I don't know the model number on the motor, but my remote is model #139.53681B (I only have one)

The keypad has one section that looks like it can be removed - one tiny screw holds it on - I think this is where the battery is? (I don't have a screwdriver small enough to open it)

Ideas on what is wrong with the keypad?

Any suggestions on how to get the door open?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz