Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ice maker not working

Posted by sashasmommy (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 6, 11 at 0:06

We just moved in to a new house and there's a side-by-side fridge with an ice maker. We moved the fridge to put a new floor in and had to empty all the ice out and un-hook the water. We put the fridge back, hooked everything back up and everything was working fine.

About a month later, the ice was smelling funny so I had my husband empty it all out so it could start fresh, but it never started producing ice again. The manual says that if you have removed a large amount of ice, it can take 24 hours for it to start producing ice again, but it's been longer than that. The water dispenser is working fine. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here