Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In need of information about dishwasher repair

Posted by mara_2008 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 31, 09 at 21:33

Our portable Tall Tub Kenmore dishwasher (made by Whirlpool) is draining well during wash and rinse cycles, but not at the very end. Which means there is standing water in the bottom of the d/w after the wash is done.

My husband is very handy, would be able to fix it if he knew how. Is there someone here who can advise us, or offer a website/other info?

This is a GREAT dishwasher, cleans really well, so I don't want to replace it unless I absolutely have to.

TIA~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In need of information about dishwasher repair

first of all there is an appliance forum on this site. (see link)
second you say it drains well for the wash and rinse. How do you know that? Does it drain completely?

where is the drain connected? It sounds like wherever it is draining to is not drained out completely and when the pump stops water siphons back into the dishwasher.

you say it's a portable. Do the hoses connect to the sink faucet and then drain into the sink? Is the water in the bottom just from the hoses? should the pump run longer?

Is there any debris in the bottom of the machine that prevents the bottom water from draining completely?

Here is a link that might be useful: Appliance Forum

o
RE: In need of information about dishwasher repair

Some water remaining in the bottom of the DW after the cycles are complete is normal. It keeps the seals moist and the pump primed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here