Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sears garage remote won't program

Posted by mimi24 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 19, 09 at 19:24

The opener is model # 139.53674SRT2 and I bought a new remote when the old one stopped working. (battery change didn't fix). The remote is 139.53681B. When I push the orange learn button the light doesn't come on. When I push the remote button the light next to the orange learn button flashes quickly but doesn't stop until I release my finger from the remote button. The other remote for the door works fine and so does the wall remote. Sure would love to avoid a service call. Can someone help me please? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sears garage remote won't program

The B at the end of the remote model number concerns me. I have only seen that used on the new openers that were manufactured after a frequency change. They will not work with older units. Anyway.....

Try programming it this way. Press and hold the button on your remote while you press and immediately release the smart/learn button on the motor unit.

If that doesn't work and you bought the remote from Sears I would call them and question the B in the model number.

o
RE: sears garage remote won't program

My opener is a slightly different model number, but the remote # is the same. I had to do this:
Press & hold the open door bar button on the remote - keep holding it while you press and hold the "light" button on the wall unit. Continue holding both buttons and press the push bar on the wall console (the open door bar)and hold all three buttons. Release the buttons when the motor unit lights blink - if you don't have light bulbs in it, two clicks will be heard.
(None of this sounded reasonable to me, but it worked.)

I think I got this and info on my unit from a web site called managemyhome.com. I think it's connected to Sears. I was able to print off the instructions for my door opener and my lawn mower too.

Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here