Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door Problem

Posted by kohldog (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 18, 10 at 19:19

I'm having a very unusual problem with my garage door. Occasionally it just stops working. The remote control and wall mount are both unresponsive. However, later that day or the next it will work fine again. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now and I can't seem to solve the problem. If anyone has any suggestions on what it may be they'd be most appreciated. Some extra information to help diagnose: The garage when it does work goes all the way up and down without a problem. The wall mount blinks multiple times when it is unresponsive. Hope this helps, let me know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door Problem

Spam John!!

kohldog, when the wall eyes blink take a close look at them. When this happens to me, there is usually a spider trying to make its home on the eyes.

o

kohldog I hop you can remember all the places you posted this. I answered you in the Garage forum.

o

I have to call peopel to come do it. Last time i made the problem worse! lol!

o

Kohls: Does your system have a "reset" or rebaseline mode?

If so, try that. That is the only way I have been able to get our system to recover. Our two systems are from a very successful (dare I say reputable!) garage door opening company that I cannot say, but whose name rhymes with "Blane-alton."

Oh! Did you change out all the batteries with known (meaning you personally checked them) fresh batteries?

Later,

PPP (Proud PugParent, PE, PMP)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here