Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lexie76

Drainage issues

Lexie76
11 years ago

Hello,

I live in a condo and have gotten flooded due to drainage issues. It is a known issue to my HOA and they have dragged their feet on this for 10 years. Rather than use the settlement money from the builder to fix the problems, they invested the money and as a result, numerous units were flooded from heavy rain storms. The current Board has finally agreed to do the necessary repairs but they didn't get to it before winter and it is currently on hold until spring. Every time we get moisture there is standing water & ice next to the foundation.

The HOA fixed and paid for the flood damages in the inside. In the spring they will do the repairs outside and will not give a flying f**k about potential problems within the unit ((sorry to put it so bluntly). My concern is cracks in the foundation from years of neglect. There are cracks outside of my patio and porch. I am worried about mold. I am not a handy person so it's not easy for me to remove my carpet to check for cracks. What do you recommend that I do? I want a peace of mind and also I want to be able to sell my condo with confidence. Do I hire an environmental remediation company or get a house inspection? Thanks in advance!

This post was edited by lexie76 on Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 19:20

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer