Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sparklingwater_gw

Kitchen Window Ideas?

SparklingWater
12 years ago

Hello. I'm new to GW forums yet already treasure your insight and advice. My spouse and I are planning a galley kitchen/pantry remodel. I am seeking ideas on what to do, if anything, with our galley's sole east-facing window. It rests in the eat in pantry room of our long kitchen/pantry which is connected through a 48 inch open door frame. Trim to trim it's a double hung wood 52" x 40" window, with 26" plaster interior walls on each side and brick wall externally. Functionally it is sound as well as does not leak. I could change it out to a bay style window, similar to that in the adjacent family room. There is no space to expand up, as the vertical height is limited to 14" to ceiling. I could leave it as is and put the money to the recessed and under the counter lights. I'm wondering how costly a bay window installation would be approximately, given it would involve brick removal , etc. We are not DIY's on this project. I believe aesthetically a bay window would be more pleasing as one enters our long two room kitchen and pantry galley from any of three doors, as well as add continuity in style to family (bay window) and dining rooms. Thank you for your suggestions and, if possible, window replacement estimates.

{{!gwi}}

Interior of Window

{{!gwi}}

Exterior

{{!gwi}}

Adjacent room bay window interior

Photo's taken @ noon so east light gone.

Comments (3)