Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gutter downpipe annoying drip

Posted by cooperyang (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 15, 06 at 15:57

Hi,
My gutters are not sloped properly and water collects near the downpipe and slowly drips down making an annoying noise. It doesn't actually occur during rain, it flows freely then. It is after the rain when the pools slowly drip down. Outside of replacing or reinstalling the gutters are there any other solutions?

thanks in advance,
Eric

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gutter downpipe annoying drip

Are the water drops free falling inside the downspout and making a "tap...tap....tap...." noise down below?

If so, take a look up there where the downspout connects. If you can see where the drops are falling, perhaps you can bend that edge a little bit to the side to get it closer to the inside wall of the gutter. Point is to get the drops to hit the inside walls instead of landing at the bottom.

o
RE: gutter downpipe annoying drip

"My gutters are not sloped properly and water collects near the downpipe and slowly drips down making an annoying noise."

It appears to me that you answered your own question. Your gutters are not sloped properly, solution, move the hanger and correct the slope.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here