Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magnavox MS3250 C321 32T800 - 7629 shuts off after about 3 second

Posted by TTRON (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 15:41

Hi all. I know this is an old TV set but I thiunk it is still usable if I can find the right fault!
My issue is this: the TV set picture will shut off quickly after turning it on.
After changing the channel it will come back on for a few seconds then shut off again.
The TV is still on but the Video is all that shuts off. I saw a post that said to test the 3340 resistor and it tests good so I checked all those R'ss right there in the CRT PCB but they were all reading a value. I do not have a schematic so I am wondering what to check next.
Thank you in advance for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magnavox MS3250 C321 32T800 - 7629 shuts off after about 3 se

Bump to move on down.

o

What does "Bump to move on down" mean?

o

Posts get bumped after sitting unanswered for many days so they don't keep sitting at the top of the forum. Why something so recent would get bumped I can't answer.

In any case, I suggest you re-post in the Electronics Forum here on GW where it is more likely to attract the kind of help you need.

o

Thanks Kudzu9

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here