Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Provia Doors- Painted Heritage vs. Painted Textured Steel

Posted by goddi (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 14:13

I want to replace my current door with a Provia door that has the large oval window. It is only available in the fiberglass Heritage and the steel model, not the Signet.

I want the outside color to be their Forest Green and the inside to be white. My questions is, what is the difference between the look of the fiberglass Heritage being painted and the textured steel door being painted (factory painted).

Will the painted fiberglass door look any better than the painted textured steel? Are there any other considerations other than 'looks'? The door will be in a covered Victorian porch.
Any advise????
Thanks...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Provia Doors- Painted Heritage vs. Painted Textured Steel

Thank you for choosing ProVia as your entry door choice. I am glad to assist you regarding your questions.

First, let me explain that the fiberglass woodgrain texture feels and looks like a true woodgrain. It will take to a stain or paint beautifully giving your entry way a look of beauty and elegance.

For an entryway, we recommend our fiberglass door. We have several glass options and stain options that will best complement your 'painted lady' home.

Secondly, if you choose a textured steel woodgrain, it will have an embossed pattern that will look like woodgrain, but not a deep grain that the fiberglass woodgrain offers. Our steel doors are excellent for both security and beauty.

Please visit our website to see all of the available door options you can choose from. You can also call our excellent customer service department to find a dealer nearest you. Our customer service is available Mon - Fri. 8am - 5pm Eastern Standard Time.

Again, thank you for choosing ProVia.

ProVia's Mission:
To serve, by caring for details in ways others won�t

Here is a link that might be useful: Signet entry doors

o
ProVia's Customer Service Toll-Free Number

To find a dealer nearest you, contact our customer service toll-free number is 800.699.4711

o
RE: Provia Doors- Painted Heritage vs. Painted Textured Steel

Fiberglas has a better feel and will probably insulate slightly better. Steel is a commercial spin-off and really should not be used except to the garage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here