Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beatrix_in_canada

change the light bulb in Sirius range hood

beatrix_in_canada
12 years ago

I've changed a few light bulbs in my life but this one has me stumped. And not just me, a couple of friends tried it as well and were not successful.

We have a Sirius SU7 range hood and cannot figure out how to change the halogen light. The instruction manual is not helpful either and the phone number supplied for additional help out of service. I do not want to pay for a $150 service call ... any suggestions?

Comments (7)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    12 years ago

I found this on line....
    Bulb replacement is accomplished by prying the lamp out with a sharp instrument.
    Take caution that the glass does not fall out and break. Do not remove the entire
    fixture, as this is very difficult to re-install. Bulbs are available from the hood fan
    supplier or direct from Sirius. If in doubt call customer service and support for
    assistance � toll free 866 528-4987

It sounds like it might be pretty hard to do, without breaking it.

• beatrix_in_canada
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yup, this is exactly what's written in my manual. That phone number doesn't work, though :-(

• brickeyee
    12 years ago

And make sure you do not touch the new bulb.

The slightest bit if fingerprint oil will char and make a hot spot leading to VERY fast bulb failure.

Even cleaning on after you touch it is a PITA.

• birdkkk
    11 months ago

I know this is an old post but I am having trouble with a bulb replacement for my Sirius SU1. The above number is no good!

Also, where do I get the bulb replacement? Thanks.

• birdkkk
    11 months ago

Thank you! Will give it a try.

Sponsored
Case Architects & Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars149 Reviews
DC/MD/VA Premier Design Build Firm // 23X Best of Houzz Winner