Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 18' chain saw fuel line

Posted by jefflucado (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 14, 09 at 13:17

I had a carburator problem that I fixed and in the process decided to replace the fuel line. My problem is getting the fuel line back into the fuel tank as the opening is very tight. I've tried pushing it through with a wire but didn't get it in very far and poked holes in the line. Do I have to take something else apart to access the fuel tank and pull them through some way?

Thanks for the help!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 18' chain saw fuel line

search at sears.com for a similar model. Sometimes they include a PDF of the manual in the specifications section. That might have a blow-up that shows how the tank attaches.

just a thought.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here