Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman garage opener remote problems

Posted by schafe246 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 12 at 12:09

Hey!!

I have a 5 year old opener where the remotes seem to have stopped working. It still works with the inside hard wired button. I had 2 remotes that worked and now neither one does - I find it hard to believe they both failed at the same time. I have tried to reprogram the RX in the head unit with no success. I bought a new remote and the RX would not detect it. I tried holding the learn button for a few seconds to erase its memory which also did not work. I also unplugged it for a few seconds which also did not work. The strange thing is the outside keypad remote does work.

I hate to scrap a basically good opener if all I need is a new RX board or something like that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman garage opener remote problems

What is the make and model number of the opener and all three remotes?

o

The opener is a Craftsman 1/2hp. 41AC150-2. Made on 6/07. The wireless keypad remote is PN 139.53754-01 or possibly KE2227 - this works. The remotes are 139.53753 or possibly TX2028 - neither of these work. I purchased a new remote from Sears PN 139-30498 which also does not work. All of the remotes have black buttons.

o

Is the light in the wall control flashing. If so, press and hold the lock button for 3 seconds. If you hold the learn button for 6 seconds it should erase all the memory and none of the remotes including the keypad should work. If not, I think you have a bad logic board but also a weird problem.

o

Yep, I've tried both of those ideas. I think I'm going to have to replace it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here