Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

what is an "auto-adjust" gate latch?

Posted by phrog (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 11:42

All the descriptions I've found don't actually describe what it has that auto-adjusts. For example:

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: what is an "auto-adjust" gate latch?


It says, "Floating bar adjusts to compensate for any gate sag"

And from my experience, it does in fact auto-adjust.

RE: what is an "auto-adjust" gate latch?

if you look at the related products below on your link, you will see similar latches where the bar is just a bent piece of metal with holes for mounting. i.e. a "fixed" latch. The "auto-adjust" has the box-like mount which allows some rotation/movement of the bar to engage the latch. Hence it "auto-adjusts" for some offset of the bar and latch.

RE: what is an "auto-adjust" gate latch?

Thanks. Sounds good.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here