Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rocks911

Footer/Retaining wall help

rocks911
12 years ago

I am working on a project to turn a small hill in my back yard into a pad for a hot tub. The hill has a retaining wall around it in a half moon shape and on the back of the hill is my/neighbors fence. I had to remove an old hackberry tree and now I'm leveling the hill (dirt work is tough on an old guy)to accommodate the hot tub.

One of my challenges is that the neighbors yard that comes down to the fence has some grade to it. Unfortunately this part of the neighborhood development wasnt thought out too well as I am downgrade from his yard with no drainage designed to carry away rain water. Because I have excavated a little I want to erect a small wall, I suppose you would call it a retaining wall even though it will mostly be in-ground. I'm going to pour a footer with rebar and then put haydite block on the footer to try to keep erosion under control. The block will be mostly above ground. This will be located next to the fence on my side to keep his yard from washing into mine.

Does this make sense?

Anmd yes I know that a french drain is needed but there is no good way to get that accomplished.

So, any thoughts?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County