Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I love my contractor!

Posted by auntyara (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 8:57

I have deleted the original post because now I realize that he was a scamming SOB! My new roof leaks! My siding is sloppy, Bats are getting in my house. Never had a bat in my house before. he screwed up my bathroom wall, window,and sided over my outside lighting fixture!!! the wires were disconnected so we could change it. His worker, just pulled it out and sided it up. What the pluck??? It's been a year and all I get is more B.S. and sob stories.
:( Laura

This post was edited by auntyara on Thu, Sep 4, 14 at 12:25

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I love my contractor!

can't imagine that he would not charge for labor
on a job he thought would be done in 3 days
& tear off isn't done 3 days later.

or that amount of layers wasn't determined
when getting #'s together for bid.

best of luck, hope it goes well for you.

o

can't imagine that he would not charge for labor
on a job he thought would be done in 3 days
& tear off isn't done 3 days later.

or that amount of layers wasn't determined
when getting #'s together for bid.

best of luck, hope it goes well for you.

o

Unless of course he did know the amount of work involved and told you three days but had padded the hell out of those three days or originally planned to have more help which is why it stretched out.

o

Really a good contractor. I have also one, they have done my shower glass restoration service by Grout Solutions, for that they worked for 2 days and a half, but they have charged for 2 days.

o

"Needless to say they are making a mess of the back of the house."

I hope he does a good job with the roof as well as cleaning up afterwards.

We thought our roofers had. We stepped on two nails near the house and got three flat tires on our riding tractor that summer.

I hope the OP lets us know how the rest of the job went.

o

Hi all,
The roof is finished!
It ended up costing an extra $725.00 but it was all plywood costs. He gave us the receipts. He said it was the worse roof he's worked on in over 30yrs.
It looks fantastic :) I'm so happy that it's done. He hasn't finished cleaning up because now he has to rip off the cedar siding. He can't start that job until I pick a siding color.
too many choices lol
:) Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here