Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
auntyara

I love my contractor!

auntyara
11 years ago

I have deleted the original post because now I realize that he was a scamming SOB! My new roof leaks! My siding is sloppy, Bats are getting in my house. Never had a bat in my house before. he screwed up my bathroom wall, window,and sided over my outside lighting fixture!!! the wires were disconnected so we could change it. His worker, just pulled it out and sided it up. What the pluck??? It's been a year and all I get is more B.S. and sob stories.
:( Laura

This post was edited by auntyara on Thu, Sep 4, 14 at 12:25

Comments (6)

• energy_rater_la
    11 years ago

can't imagine that he would not charge for labor
    on a job he thought would be done in 3 days
    & tear off isn't done 3 days later.

or that amount of layers wasn't determined
    when getting #'s together for bid.

best of luck, hope it goes well for you.

• energy_rater_la
    11 years ago

can't imagine that he would not charge for labor
    on a job he thought would be done in 3 days
    & tear off isn't done 3 days later.

or that amount of layers wasn't determined
    when getting #'s together for bid.

best of luck, hope it goes well for you.

• millworkman
    11 years ago

Unless of course he did know the amount of work involved and told you three days but had padded the hell out of those three days or originally planned to have more help which is why it stretched out.

• Ashley32
    11 years ago

Really a good contractor. I have also one, they have done my shower glass restoration service by Grout Solutions, for that they worked for 2 days and a half, but they have charged for 2 days.

• dreamgarden
    11 years ago

"Needless to say they are making a mess of the back of the house."

I hope he does a good job with the roof as well as cleaning up afterwards.

We thought our roofers had. We stepped on two nails near the house and got three flat tires on our riding tractor that summer.

I hope the OP lets us know how the rest of the job went.

• auntyara
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi all,
    The roof is finished!
    It ended up costing an extra $725.00 but it was all plywood costs. He gave us the receipts. He said it was the worse roof he's worked on in over 30yrs.
    It looks fantastic :) I'm so happy that it's done. He hasn't finished cleaning up because now he has to rip off the cedar siding. He can't start that job until I pick a siding color.
    too many choices lol
    :) Laura