Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repaving driveway cost???

Posted by nadine33 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 16, 06 at 8:37

Not sure if this is the right site, but I couldn't find any other. ANyone know of an average cost to repave a driveway? OUrs is in pretty bad shape. It's about 3 car lengths long and you can squeeze 2 cars side by side. We live in Mass.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repaving driveway cost???

My mother lives just outside of Worcester, he had hers paved last year. The amount she had paved is 4 cars by 2.

She paid $400.

If you demo and remove the existing that may add to your cost.

If you just put a veneer over what you now have, and existing cracks will likely telegraph through in a couple of years.

o

Hmmm,

The driveway is asphalt? Concrete? Brick? Concrete pavers?

o

Mongo,

You sure you're not missing a zero there?

Irish

o

We're just getting quotes for our driveway resurfacing and it seems that a rough estimate would be:

$12 per sq yard for repaving (2" surface)
$36 per sq yard for digging an 8" base and 4 - 6" blacktop layer

- Tony

o

irish, yeah, it was $400. My bad, her drive can hold 6 cars though, not 8. 3 cars by 2.

I'm in CT, 4" of asphalt runs about 90 cents to $1.05 a foot here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here