Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sally25_gw

funniest post ever....

sally25
18 years ago

I hope this hasn't already been posted here... I would feel like an idiot... I couldn't decide which forum to post this in... so here ya go...

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Comments (14)

• wheely_boy
    18 years ago

You forgot the one post with the picture of the monkey.
    {{gwi:313667}}

• sally25
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Okay.... That's just creepy..

• Janice
    18 years ago

"I" don't see how the "dog picture" is relevant to this thread! Perhaps posting it on the Pet's Forum would be more appropriate---if you can't find your way there maybe we can post a "link" to it!

But, then, again---dogs can "light up one's life" so perhaps it COULD be appropriate to the "examples" put forth in the original post! tee hee hee

Here we go---how many kinds of "typical responses" did I cover with this one?

Janice (new to this forum but not to Gardenweb forums at large--couldn't resist this one!) Is "creepy" spelled with a "y" or an "ie"???

Here is a link that might be useful: Stay with the

• wheely_boy
    18 years ago

• sierraeast
    18 years ago

Anyone add to the list? here's a few:

1a-light bulb installer never showed up...need to vent!

2a-We have a 10,000 sq.ft. basement with leather floors,travertine walls,coffered cielings.Rooms are:home theatre,complete rec room,complete woodshop,custom laundry room,seasoned tropical room,wet bar, jaccuzi, full gymnasium...did i mention jaccuzi? Can we put designer light bulbs in our (look at us) basement?

3a Can we diy our light bulb install or should we hire a pro?

Is that a hog or a dorse?

• Janice
    18 years ago

{{!gwi}}

• sally25
    Original Author
    18 years ago

wow... i haven't checked this thread in awhile... funny stuff... actually laughed out loud at those pics.. hehe.. gotta love it..

• kathypass
    18 years ago

sally25~ very funny! I was sitting here nodding my head at every one!

hey j~ I was ROFLMAO!! I love that!

• lazypup
    18 years ago

Q. How many divorced men does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. Nobody knows cause all the light fixtures went with the house.

• wangshan
    18 years ago

Whoa...this is the first time checking out this forum because I thought it sounded too depressing, but you guys are actually way more fun than some other forums whose name shall not be mentioned but are seriously obsessed with granite!!!

• piddlerdad3
    18 years ago

Uh, yeah i have a question. I am having problems with my toilet seat staying on the ceramic big bowl thing; and I was going to post a picture to show everyone so I could get some advice. Can someone explain to me how to make the picture show up? i'm not very computer type and can only get a website link to show up. the picture is on my hard disk.

Also, I'm just putting the link or whatever in the "Name of the Link" field. I chose that for a simple reason and I'm not sure why anyone would use the top field "Optional Link URL." I truly don't want to link up with a urologist. Anyway, sorry if i confused anyone.

• wheely_boy
    18 years ago

• kitchendetective
    17 years ago

And two guys to argue about the environmental impact of the sort of light bulb the first poster was going to use

And someone to discuss how long she has been environmentally aware

And someone to ask if you can compost lightbulbs

And miscellaneous posters from California weigh in on why you can't use said light bulbs where they live, anyway

• lazypup
    17 years ago

And after all this discussion on light bulbs verses lamps we are still in the dark for a definite answer.