Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

$41k garage addition?

Jamie
12 years ago

First, please forgive my double post. I put this on the remodeling forum before I realized that there's not much action over there and that the repair forum gets more visits.

Below is a quote for enlarging an attached single car garage. The existing garage has a passage door and 2 windows. These will be retained and relocated.

The enlarged garage will have a single garage door in front. The existing garage's door is also in the front.

The roof shingles and siding, which will be matched, are not in any way extraordinary. Existing soffit and facia are from 1937, so they might be slightly different from the cheapest thing available today, but they are no where near grand. It is not an especially tall garage.

The quote is lacking the following terms, which are understood by all parties and would be written in before signing: existing 6 X 19 garage will be widened to 25 X 19, and a 6 X 12 storage alcove will be added to one side. The storage alcove will not have attic above. Electrical wiring and outlets will be replaced and extended.

The garage is easy to access. It is not in a tight space, on a hill, or far from the street.

The price seems insane to me, perhaps double what it should be. That is a gut reaction. I know nothing about the nuts and bolts.

Do you see something I could omit or question?

Comments (6)