Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
briboy

Entry Door with a built in retractable screen?

briboy
16 years ago

I live in a condominium complex and need a new front door. The association does not allow storm doors at all. I am wondering if there anyone has come across an entry door that has a retractable screen built into the frame. I have to install a threma tru door model S236 but if I can find a similar door that will not change the asthetics of my nieghbors door, I am sure it will be approved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (7)

• ron6519
    16 years ago

Just do a Google search. There are plenty of these you can fit onto your door. There's no reason you need to buy a door with the screen.
    Ron

• jrice
    16 years ago

"The association does not allow storm doors at all". Just wondering why that may be? Perhaps a screen door just will not fit without some modifications to the jamb or it is an inside hallway door. If you have a screen door at least when you open the door there is still a barrier between you and who ever may be there. Suppose you jerk that door open and there stands the bad guy eye to eye, now what do you do? I consider the added safety value of a storm door to be as important as the the original intent. Maybe you should consider approaching the HOA with some questions and suggestions about you and others safety. Perhaps they have a very sound reason for the rule. if not they may be willing to change.

• coolvt
    16 years ago

Normally the association wants to keep the appearance of all the units uniform. They figure 1/2 with storm doors...probably a mixure of colors....and the other 1/2 without storm doors would look pretty bad. The rules vary from association to association. Some are very lax and some extremely strict. I think you are stuck with reading the association rules and either living with them or trying to get them changed.

• deseverns
    9 years ago

Check out breeze doors. Very expensive but beautiful. I dont want to spend that much on a door but they are amazing. Built in screen.

• musicgal
    9 years ago

Phantom screen does a retractabe that is pretty much invisible when not in use. Easy to find online.

• millworkman
    9 years ago

6 year old post by ron.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations