Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hot Water Filter ???

Posted by big_al_41 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 26, 09 at 15:01

Because I am on a well I get from time to time sediment in my water ..normally this isn't a problem. However where this does become an issue is with my dish washer and that little screen near the solenoid that gets clod up.

My question is, can I get away with a standard water filter under my sink that feeds the hot water line to dish washer. The cost dif is huge and I only need it to stop the little grit that shows up from time to time. Your thoughts on this PLEASE.

Big Al

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot Water Filter ???

You can put in a low cost whole house filter that will keep the debris out of all the plumbing fixtures. Sediment filters run $10.00 for a pair.
Ron

o

Standard filters have temp limitations
Hot water filers are usually stainless steel and expensive.
It would be easier to filter water on cold side before the heater.

o

Didn't I post this already, or has OP multi-posted. Your hot water heater will last longer if it's not full of sediment. Put in a whole house filter on the cold side near the shutoff and enjoy better water throughout the house. Will be kinder to dishwasher, washing machine and your kidneys.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here