Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice for fence!

Posted by ms_minnamouse (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 3, 11 at 9:50

So, I had two little dogs over to play and they were running around the part of my backyard that's fenced in and I was filming it when all of a sudden, I realized one of them was on the other side of the fence! One is small enough to fit through the wrought iron portion of the fence. The fenced wall is rectangular and the two parts facing the front yard are wrought iron and are about maybe 100 ft or so long.

So, what I need is an idea of what to line this portion of the fence with when they come over to play. It has to be cheap because I don't have a lot of money and it's such a long area, and it has to be removable because my parents will only allow it to be up when they're over here and will immediately want it to be taken down after wards.

And it's very important that they be contained in the yard because they're rescue dogs and there's nothing to keep them from realizing they're free and running away forever if they get out.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice for fence!

You can use poultry netting, aka chicken wire, temporarily attached to the inside face of the fence with twist-ties. The netting can be re-rolled and stored between uses.

o

I was thinking about chicken wire but would deer fence be cheaper?

o

Call up your local fencing company and ask for scrap chainlink or chicken wire or deer fence depending how you present the question they willbprobably just give you some for free or atleast very cheap

o

Call up your local fencing company and ask for scrap chainlink or chicken wire or deer fence depending how you present the question they willbprobably just give you some for free or atleast very cheap

o

I had a small dog that could slip through an area of my neighbor's dilapidated fence, so I bought an inexpensive decorative looped-wire flower bed fence. It simply pushed into the ground every foot or so. It can be pulled out, folded up, and stored when not in use.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here