Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where do you find your handyman?

Posted by handymanaustintexas (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 20, 11 at 0:44

As a handyman/contractor in Austin Tx. I have tried several ways of advertising, and honestly so far my best response comes from craigslist, but its also more expensive. To get good results you have to post atleast 25 times per day, so you basically have to employ someone to get it done. Am I missing a better oppurtunity? Do you look for some one different for each project such as drywall repairs, texture matching, painting, fencing, decking, or do you just look for ONE honest reliable person to take of most if not all your home repair needs? Where do you find your go to guy?

Thanks,
Josh

Here is a link that might be useful: Handyman Services Drywall Paint Deck Fence

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where do you find your handyman?

Seems your using this forum to advertise your business, read the agreements that govern the use of this forum.
Not sure your using the forum instills trust and integrity to prospective customers.

o
RE: Where do you find your handyman?

I have tried several ways of advertising, and honestly so far my best response comes from craigslist, but its also more expensive. To get good results you have to post atleast 25 times per day, so you basically have to employ someone to get it done.

You don't seem to be one for following rules. Your violated the rules here by posting your business name and Craigslist limits ads to "...to one category and in one city, no more often than about every 48 hours."

Are building codes something you ignore as well?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here