Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with board and batten

Posted by Shomess (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 21:22

My house has rounded edges and arched entryways. I really like the look of board and batten and wanted to try it out in my family room. My concern is how do I end it when I come to the rounded entryway and end of family room wall. 45 degree cuts that just end right before the round edge? Or should I scrap the idea because my house isn't the right style for this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with board and batten

My house is board and batten, but it's a modern, spare, Northwest design. The photo you provided shows a very nice, traditional, almost Southwest style, and I think you would be detracting from the look to use a board and batten approach with what you have. This, in my opinion, would be one of those cases where more is less. Be happy with what you have and don't try to "improve" it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here