Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wood baseboard on tile wall

Posted by mrjohneel (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 1, 10 at 21:21

My bathroom is tiled to within a 1/4 inch of the floating wood floor. Now I need to cover the gap and I want to use a wood baseboard. Is it possible to adhere the wood baseboard to the tile. I could find the stud (in back of the tile and backer board) at the very bottom of the baseboard in some places but the baseboard would not sit flush with the tile wall. So can i glue it on? Thank you in advance. (I'm posting this in bathrooms forum too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wood baseboard on tile wall

That's what I would do . Shouldn't be too hard to find an adhesive. What other option do you have ?

o

A polyurethane construction adhesive such as the link below. You can get it at most big box or hardware/lumber yards as well as paint suppliers. You would want to cut some strips of wood to act as a clamp by bracing off of the opposing wall. It doesn't need to be anything heavy duty,(like a 2x4), something bendable and strong enough to keep pressure on the base board until the adhesive sets. You could even use scrap pieces of base if they are long enough to go from a point across from the glued base. Cut it slightly larger than the span and bow it in tight.

Here is a link that might be useful: pl adhesives

o

A bead of construction adhesive like Liquid Nails would work.

o

Be sure all sides of the wood have been finished before gluing it on.

The last thing you need is pint blowing off when water gets under the baseboard and soaks into the wood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here