Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1/2 Hp Craftsman Garage Door Opener

Posted by brook580 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 10, 09 at 17:06

I have a Craftsman Garage door opener, Model 139.53918D, which was purchased from Sears over a year ago. The door opener was working fine up until a few months ago. Now it will only open/close if you press the wireless remote control or homelink(which is installed in our Chev Tahoe)real close to the unit. It used to open as soon as I pulled into the driveway, but now I almost have to get within a few inches from the door before it will recognize the signal. Obviously it seems like the range of the unit has been shorten somehow. Any ideas? Thank you for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1/2 Hp Craftsman Garage Door Opener

Your receiver is bad and is part of the logic board.

o

I have two 1997 1/2 HP craftsman garage door openers on two separate doors. A week ago the two separate hand remotes stopped working (on the same day) from a range of more than two feet from the unit. Both work fine from the hard wired control, however they both do not work from the car or the remote unless you are in the garage close 2 feet from the unit. I bought a new hand remote but that didn't work. Is there any adjustment to the radio reciever in the unit? Anybody - HELP!

o

There is no adjustment for the receiver. Sounds like you too have a bad logic board.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here