Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jopaul_gw

Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener. HELP!!!

jopaul
13 years ago

I have a Craftsman 1/2 garage door opener that has been acting up the last few weeks. At first it would not go all the way down when trying to close on the first attempt. Eventually it would not move at all. After some research I discovered that the gear (white plastic) was worn down. I ordered a new kit and installed the new gear. After putting the opener back together, the opener would not work correctly. It would run a short time (2 seconds) then reverse to the beginning position. It would then click and the led light on the back would blink 5 times. I have read similar posts that say this is a sensor issue. I have taken everything back apart to recheck that I put everything back together properly. For the best that I can see I have put everything back in the correct position. I need help big time. I know this should be a pretty simple job, but for the life of me cannot figure this thing out. I want to try and save the bill from a repair man but if I cannot figure this thing out I may have to bite the bullet and make the call. ANY help will be much appreciated.

Comments (6)