Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

1968 Textured ceiling

Posted by tjburke (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 13:07

My bathroom is under renovation. I put in a new floor, john and sink. Upon tackling the ceiling, my wife did a great job scraping, in parts, the large plaster swirle ceiling down to the "Green Board" used in bathrooms in the 60-70's. My question is what if anything do I do to prep the green board? And should I mix plaster and apply right over the green board. Or do I use joint compound. We want to replace the scraped parts/patchs with the exsisting plaster swirle

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: 1968 Textured ceiling

Use joint compound. Plaster will harden, and you won't be able to sand it.

There is a drywall primer called GARDZ. It is specifically made for drywall that's in bad shape. You may want to use that after you fix the dings.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here