Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage opener light

Posted by grahamaz (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 1, 09 at 12:15

I have a Blue Max garage opener and for some unknown reason the light wont go off anymore. The unit does not have a photo eye sensor and the button to open and close it is very simple, only one button that when I push the door opens. I have tried the push and hold for 10 seconds, but all that happens is as soon as I push the button the door opens.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage opener light

Have you tried changing the light bulb?

o

The light won't go OFF not won't go ON. Changing the bulb won't help that.

The blue max appears to be the type of remote. What is model ot the actual opener?

o

Some garage door openers have a light switch on the wall control. Maybe someone pushed the switch on when attempting to close the door.
Ron

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here