Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sf_treat_gw

Front door windows

sf_treat
14 years ago

I just had a new Simpson door delivered to my home today. The hardware isn't here yet, so it is just in my living room. We live in a colonial house, so I was excited to get a traditional door with bullion glass. It was even used as an example in the Simpson catalog. There are at least four pictures of the bullion glass, all of which make it look as though the glass is etched. So, the door arrives and the glass is not etched. I also don't see the concentric circles one sees in bullion glass. In fact it just looks like two, well...er..two big naked boobs at the top of my door. Sorry if I offended anyone, but that is the only way to describe it. The glass in even convex to the point. There is no way I can hang this front door. I like the quality of the door, though.

So the store is being nice, so far, seeing as I took the picture with them to order to door and said I wanted it to look exactly like the picture. They are offering to have replacement glass ordered and professionally installed at their cost. What do you think? Will that lessen the integrity of the door at all? The order clearly states no returns on special orders, which I understand, but this looks nothing like the picture. What would you do?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths