Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CertainTeed Class Action Case

Posted by DrazD (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 19, 12 at 12:13

Just got my final letter denying my claim. Did I expect anything else? Considering the number of posts on this board and Internet search results The World knows that CertainTeed made some bad shingles. I complied with all the original requirements to file a claim but still my claim is denied. Continued arguing with "them" is obviously hopeless so this post is just to get rid of some frustration. You can be sure I won't buy anything made by CertainTeed again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CertainTeed Class Action Case

Sorry to hear that DrazD. We too filed a claim and after 6 months had not heard from them. We didn't even get our usps return receipt back indicating they got our materials. But then one day a check arrived for around $1200 (can't remember exactly). We were shocked. It was a small fraction of the cost of the new steel shingles. I wonder what their deciding factor was on whom to pay or not?

o

You can be assured the attorneys that brought the class action have been paid well.

o

I had a new roof installed a year ago with CertainTeed Asphalt Shingles. When was the timeframe for the lawsuit?

o
Follow-up

The shingles that are the subject of this lawsuit are organic asphalt shingles manufactured from July 1, 1987 through 2005 under the brand names Hallmark Shangle, Independence Shangle, Horizon Shangle, Custom Sealdon, Custom Sealdon 30, Sealdon 20, Sealdon 25, Hearthstead, Solid Slab, Master Slab, Custom Saf-T-Lok, Saf-T-Lok, and Custom Lok 25.

However, not all shingles marketed with these brand names were CertainTeed Organic Shingles. The Horizon, Independence, Hallmark, and Hearthstead brands were marketed in both organic and fiberglass formulations. Also, all shingles CertainTeed sold after 2005 are fiberglass shingles. If your shingles are fiberglass, they are not part of this lawsuit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here