Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Finding and replacing 70's paneling?

Posted by Kdrosas (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 17, 14 at 10:09

After removing an unsightly rock planter that was in poor shape we have more work to do. The paneling behind the planter is in poor shape... rotten and splintering.

The moulding, tiles, and laminate flooring must be replaced too but those are easy- we have extras.

Where can I find similar paneling? This is very textured, with knots and grooves. Most I'm seeing are very flat.

Any clues on where to look?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Finding and replacing 70's paneling?

Go to a regular lumber yard and ask for T-111. Ask for it by thickness and grove pattern.

RE: Finding and replacing 70's paneling?

A regular lumber yard has it or can order it but most will think of 4" grooved plywood siding as T-111 if you call about availibility.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here