Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chipster_2007

Where Can I buy a Hilti or Zero Draft foam applicator gun??

chipster_2007
14 years ago

I have a fair amount of work to be done sealing up holes, cracks in my home. Can anyone tell me how to locate a Zero draft or Hilti foam gun and foam cartridges. I would prefer to use this vs the uncontrollable foam with disposable applicator. Also, are these foams Hilti and Zero Draft, any better than that which is sold in the big box store? Thanks

Comments (11)

• Rod & Kim H
    14 years ago

Just bought last week a Hilti foam gun on E-bay. They're on there all the time.

• gildomilo
    14 years ago

I picked up a hilti gun at home depot from the hilti rep. He "threw the gun in" with a case of foam. Total I paid $200 for 12 cans of low expansion foam and the gun. I also bought some small nozzles for the gun to get into cracks. The prior owners of our house had replacement windows installed. The installers didn't insulate between the window and the existing frame. I just insulated 20 windows in our house, and never could have done it with the great stuff cans. The control with the hilti gun is awesome! Now I need to figure out if it's worth insulating the old weight pockets or not.

• chipster_2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gee, wish I could find a deal like that where I live in MA. Funny, but the Home Depots in my area don't sell Hilti products, foam or gun. Anyone in MA know where there might be a good deal for Hilti products?

• gildomilo
    14 years ago

Take a drive down to Manchester CT and talk to Raphael with Hilti in the HD. There are HD's in Mass that sell Hilti tools. http://app.xtremelocator.com/custom/hilti/SearchForm.php is the search page for hilti stores. Any result that says pro shop is a home depot. Just make sure that you talk to a rep and don't just take it to the register at HD.

• macv
    14 years ago

Here is the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• jonnyp
    14 years ago

Here is a link to the Grainger page. They are located right off 128 in Woburn, Ma.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/search.shtml?searchQuery=Hilti++foam++gun&op=search&Ntt=Hilti++foam++gun&N=0amp;sst=All

• jonnyp
    14 years ago

As far as cleaner goes you can use acetone or finger nail polish remover. I'm not sure how their cleaner works but I do know Great Stuff recommends this to clean their product.

• brickeyee
    12 years ago

"As far as cleaner goes you can use acetone or finger nail polish remover. "

Until the foam sets.

Then there is nothing you would want to put on your skin to remove it.
    The expansion and hardening reaction is VERY one way.

• brickeyee
    12 years ago

You can also purchase nylon tubing to slide over the nozzle to give a flexible applicator to pout the foam where you want it.

Coil the tubing up in a jar of acetone to clean it out.

• koszta_kid
    12 years ago

I seen on This old House. They sprayed foam on foundation. Smoothed it -then later painted it with sand texture. I priced to have it done by pro $$$. Nice to find out how to do it our self.