Return to the Home Repair Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where Can I buy a Hilti or Zero Draft foam applicator gun??

Posted by chipster_2007 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 1, 10 at 1:54

I have a fair amount of work to be done sealing up holes, cracks in my home. Can anyone tell me how to locate a Zero draft or Hilti foam gun and foam cartridges. I would prefer to use this vs the uncontrollable foam with disposable applicator. Also, are these foams Hilti and Zero Draft, any better than that which is sold in the big box store? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where Can I buy a Hilti or Zero Draft foam applicator gun??

Just bought last week a Hilti foam gun on E-bay. They're on there all the time.

o

Here are two links:

http://hardwareaisle.thisoldhouse.com/2007/08/do-you-feel-luc.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Hilti Foam and Constuction Chemicals Accessories

o

I picked up a hilti gun at home depot from the hilti rep. He "threw the gun in" with a case of foam. Total I paid $200 for 12 cans of low expansion foam and the gun. I also bought some small nozzles for the gun to get into cracks. The prior owners of our house had replacement windows installed. The installers didn't insulate between the window and the existing frame. I just insulated 20 windows in our house, and never could have done it with the great stuff cans. The control with the hilti gun is awesome! Now I need to figure out if it's worth insulating the old weight pockets or not.

o

Gee, wish I could find a deal like that where I live in MA. Funny, but the Home Depots in my area don't sell Hilti products, foam or gun. Anyone in MA know where there might be a good deal for Hilti products?

o

Take a drive down to Manchester CT and talk to Raphael with Hilti in the HD. There are HD's in Mass that sell Hilti tools. http://app.xtremelocator.com/custom/hilti/SearchForm.php is the search page for hilti stores. Any result that says pro shop is a home depot. Just make sure that you talk to a rep and don't just take it to the register at HD.

o

Here is the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Here is a link to the Grainger page. They are located right off 128 in Woburn, Ma.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/search.shtml?searchQuery=Hilti++foam++gun&op=search&Ntt=Hilti++foam++gun&N=0&sst=All

o

As far as cleaner goes you can use acetone or finger nail polish remover. I'm not sure how their cleaner works but I do know Great Stuff recommends this to clean their product.

o

"As far as cleaner goes you can use acetone or finger nail polish remover. "

Until the foam sets.

Then there is nothing you would want to put on your skin to remove it.
The expansion and hardening reaction is VERY one way.

o
reRE: Where Can I buy a Hilti or Zero Draft foam applicator gun??

You can also purchase nylon tubing to slide over the nozzle to give a flexible applicator to pout the foam where you want it.

Coil the tubing up in a jar of acetone to clean it out.

o

I seen on This old House. They sprayed foam on foundation. Smoothed it -then later painted it with sand texture. I priced to have it done by pro $$$. Nice to find out how to do it our self.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Repair Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here