Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cate_mc

small sink in laundry/beverage room

cate_mc
9 years ago

HI,
I would so appreciate help. I have an enclosed porch adjacent to the kitchen and I decided to remodel it as an extension of the kitchen, as my laundry room and small bath. The refrigerator will go there, as will my clothes washer/dryer and some counter space. The bath will be at the far end of this enclosed porch. My question is....should I put a prep sink adjacent to the frig when there will be literally only 15"x24' inches of counter space? There is another 3 feet of counter space closeby that is not well suited to adding plumbing. I would use this sink to get a filtered water (afraid to drill through my vintage tile at the kitchen sink) and as a place for a guest to wash something while the kitchen sink is occupied. It might also be good for putting bottled drinks on ice. I could put a cutting board over this sink to make the space more usable (for putting groceries) when not entertaining. This is such an unusual application that I can't help think I may be headed down the wrong path. Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Cate

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company