Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foodonastump

Single ORB knob question

foodonastump
10 years ago

I'm going around the house{{gwi:807}} with satin nickel knobs and I like the look and feel of the Baldwin Prestige Alcott.

For the downstairs bath we went with ORB fixtures, and my original plan was to go with ORB knob inside and SN outside. But that presents two problems: First off, this model does not come in ORB. (Original thought was to buy two sets and mix and match.) Secondly, now that I just swapped out the hinges and look at the temporary silver knob with the door in the open position (how it will be 95% of the time - see picture below) I'm leaning towards ORB on both sides. Questions:

Do you agree with ORB both sides? Note that this door is not seen from common space as it's down the hall and around the corner. Unless you're going to a kid's bedroom, my office, or the bathroom{{gwi:807}} it's not seen.

If I stick with Baldwin, it seems the closest thing I can find in ORB is an oblong knob:

I'd really prefer to find a closer match (although in typing this post I see that the escutcheon matches and that's a start) but I'm not finding one. What drew me to Baldwin is the solid, weighty feel of the knob so I'd prefer to find something comparable in this regard.

I'm not up on my door hardware; can you turn me on to any other options? TIA for any advice!

This post was edited by foodonastump on Sat, Dec 7, 13 at 16:47

Comments (3)