Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help - Laundry Room Sink Height

Posted by KC1964 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 15:04

I am re-doing my laundry room. I don't know if I should lower the sink cabinet height which I built up to make even with W/D or just leave it as is.

The laundry room use to be w/d behind folding doors. I knocked out walls to make it more like a mud room/laundry toom. Building in w/d makes counter height 40". When the sink is added, the sink is at about 42". We are all tall. I love the steam lined counter. The sink is a little odd at it's height but serves the purpose to wash hands, soak clothes etc. Should I leave sink as is or modify ???

Thanks for your help :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help - Laundry Room Sink Height

You could go either way, but I am not crazy about how it sticks up. To me, that takes away from your streamlined look and so I'd say, if you like the sink, then lower the cabinet. Or, choose a different style of sink that doesn't add another 1-2" to the height.

o

I agree about the sink "sticking up". I wasn't expecting that look. Thanks for your input.

o

To me, it kind of depends on how deep the new sink is. If it can easily hold an entire laundry load of water without overflowing (in case of plug-up), then go ahead and get an undercounter sink. But if an undercounter sink cannot hold that much, I would worry about being outside, or in bed, or away from home while a load is washing. Having the ability to drop a load in on the way to work and take care of it when I get get home is one of the perks of having a home laundry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here