Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to find laminate countertop installer?

Posted by trifles (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 14:42

I'm looking at Formica or Nevamar for my kitchen, but having a terrible time finding fabricators/installers on the web. Is there a secret to locating these people? What are they called? Thanks for your help! Will post this in "kitchens" forum also.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to find laminate countertop installer?

Yellow pages under "countertops". Lowes, HD or similar all have fabricators, any kitchen design store will have a fabricator available.

It's a locally made product, the web probably isn't the right place to look.

o

Buy from a local dealer and you'll increase your odds for a good install.

o

Well, I agree with rwiegand. On searching under countertop, you will get lists of fabricator. But do always check for BBB Accreditation for their authentication. This will ensure technically correct fabrication and installation and you would be free from any mental stress of installation.

o

" But do always check for BBB Accreditation for their authentication. This will ensure technically correct fabrication and installation and you would be free from any mental stress of installation."

The BBB has long been known, as well as often posted on these boards, as a pay for play organization.

The more a business pays, the better it plays.

o

Back when most kitchen counters would be surfaced with "p. lam." a cabinet maker would make then in his shop or a finish carpenter could make them on the job site. It only requires a table saw and a router.

What you will probably find online is fabricators of large numbers of counters for multi-unit housing projects, schools, etc.

Are you only adding counters? Will you be installing them yourself?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here