Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Crown Molding with Oak Cabinets???

Posted by texaspanhandler (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 12, 07 at 14:01

Our dining room, kitchen and family room is an open plan. The kitchen cabinets are oak and there is a large entry to the dining room that is oak. The walls are a warm brown. I am wondering if it would look ok to put white crown molding around all of these rooms. The cabinets are dropdowns. I want to continue the white crown molding down the hall which is the same color of brown.

Thought about staining the crown molding oak, but really hate to put it down the hall and you can see the whole layout as you walk in the door.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Dora Lou

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Crown Molding with Oak Cabinets???

I have some maple cabinets that are drop down and installed white crown molding as well. we really like the look.

~jv

o

In my last house I had oak cabs and white crown throughout. Looked great!

o

Thanks for your replies. Makes me feel much better. Will probably do this in the spring.

DL

o

Does anyone have a picture of oak cabinets with white crown molding.

o

As long as the crown molding is for the walls and not on the cabinets, white crown molding will look fine with whatever other woods you have in the home.

o

Crown moulding around the ceiling can always be considered part of the ceiling rather than part of the wall. Its just a different way of looking at it. I have even seen wood paneled rooms with white crown: not the way it is usually done, but it looked fine. It just read as "ceiling" detail, not as "wall" detail.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here