Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 13:20

thread removed

This post was edited by Abrd on Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 11:05

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Needs some Curb Appeal!

1. Shutters on the windows.
2. Foundation plantings to cover up the basement wall
3. A sidewalk of some kind to connect the front door to the driveway or wherever guests will park.

o

I agree with weedy acres. I would also add railing on the sides of the front porch. If you don't do shutters, at least beef up the trim around the windows.

I'd also paint the front door a different accent color. I like to see at least 3 colors on a house, maybe 4...the walls, the trim, the shutters and the front door.....

o

Do you have any photos that show more about the area around the house? To me, it has a definite farmhouse vibe (is that a barn behind?) But maybe the window trim was removed when siding was added? And the largest window looks to be a replacement one. Adding window trim would help tremendously.

It looks like an add'l step may be needed at the front door, and the porch columns could be beefed up. The gutters are quite prominent too, altho' I don't know anything about how to change them while preserving their function.

The wider view of the lot would help with landscaping suggestions. Even tho' you want to add some curb appeal, I find your house quite appealing.

o

@Abrd
1. Shutters on the windows.
2. Foundation plantings to cover up the basement wall
3. A sidewalk of some kind to connect the front door to the driveway or wherever guests will park.

These all things are much better for improve your home.
Thanks Lot!!

o

Agree with all , especially the shutters or trim around the windows and larger columns. Sidewalk for sure.

In the future, I'd rebuilt that porch into a gable roof. Your house would then look like it had a face and that often conveys tremendous charm.

o

No shutters! Trees, a bright door color, different color trim around the windows, maybe a patio to one side of the front steps, and some evergreen shrub around the whole front of the house. Maybe even a window box under the upper windows, but NO shutters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here