Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

What type of circuit for a bulb heater exhaust fan?

Posted by genab55 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 12:12

I'm considering having a bulb heater/exhaust fan put in my bathroom and can't find info on what type of circuit it takes. Does anyone have any information of opinions on bulb heaters? I'm looking at a Air King AK917 Bulb Heater with Exhaust Fan or a NuTone 70 CFM One-Bulb Heat-A-Vent Bathroom Exhaust Fan.

Thank for any help you can offer!

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: What type of circuit for a bulb heater exhaust fan?

You might post this in the wiring forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wiring forum

RE: What type of circuit for a bulb heater exhaust fan?

The Air King you cited uses a maximum 250 watt lamp. So 250 watts / 120 volts = 2.1 amps. The fan motor draws 0.9 amps. Combined about 3 amps.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here