Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cost of 5' x 4' Addition to House

Posted by blizzisu (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 27, 12 at 10:29

I would like to add a 5 foot by 4 foot extension to the laundry room in between my kitchen and garage in order to make it a true mud room. The current room is about 6'x5' and there is a small coat closet and sink on the exterior wall side and a washer and dryer on the interior wall side. Down the middle is the walkway to the kitchen from the garage. See below for pictures with some markups where the proposed extension would go. What issues will I have with pouring a foundation or footings for this extension where the landscaping bed and retaining wall are now? Any ideas on cost estimate? $5,000? $10,000?

From December 27, 2012

From December 27, 2012

From December 27, 2012

This post was edited by blizzisu on Thu, Dec 27, 12 at 10:31

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cost of 5' x 4' Addition to House

You might see if you can just do a cantilevered system there--that would save you $$$ on foundation/concrete work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here