Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
born2teachsc

Suggestions on Project Remodeling

born2teachsc
9 years ago

We bought our house about 4 years ago and to be honest, it wasn't my ideal house to buy, but the price was right and we knew at some point we could remodel to make some changes. I figured coming to a forum was easier than bringing out a contractor and having him pitch me ideas, it would be better if I had some suggestions to bring to the table as well.
The problem areas we're having with our home is the downstairs and master bedroom. I feel so cramped in the bottom floor and I hate the wall that divides our family room from the "hallway/kitchen." I'm wondering if there is a way to open it up and bring it so that the kitchen is a little more open and we can define our space a little more so it isn't so cramped.
With our master, apparently whoever built our house decided to put all the square footage in the bedroom itself and left none for our bathroom. We have a huge 15x18 bedroom and a good size W/I closet, but our bathroom is the size of a guest bathroom with just a shower, toilet, and single sink. The hubby and I are constantly fighting over the bathroom, and there's one across the hall, but good luck sharing that with kids.
What suggestions can you give me to help me figure out how to make the best of our house and whether it's possible to expand the bathroom and open up the living room?

Comments (5)