Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jett254_gw

Help with exterior of house - color, siding, trim?

jett254
12 years ago

The previous owners of our home took a traditional colonial house and tried to make it more contemporary to match their style. I can't quite figure out what I don't like and how to change it.

Here's what bothers me:

- I hate the casement windows. I feel like they look contemporary and don't match the traditional style, and I like seeing the grills, which we don't have. But the windows are newer so they are staying

- I don't like the beige siding with the gray stone. I do love the gray stone. Since the siding is vinyl, we don't want to paint it and add maintenance costs. We are considering replacing it but I feel like they would be extravagant. Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's not necessarily the color I don't like as much as the fact that there window trim is the same color and there are no shutters.

Do you think that would help with my problem? What color shutters would even work? I'm so bad at this....

Also, we need to replace the roof and now I'm struggling with roof colors too. Any suggestions to make the house look fresh and also traditional?

Comments (2)