Return to the Remodeling Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help me pick paint colors, attic remodel photos

Posted by nbeth (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 20, 10 at 18:38

We are remodeling our attic and it is time to paint. We will have a king bed between the two builtins - the fabric is what will cover the headboard. The curtain fabric is draped on the chest by the window. A couple of furniture pieces are a honey pine. We are redoing the floor as well - uncertain as to the color/stain we will use. The glass block window is in the back of the shower. To its left is a gable dormer and to the right is the hall with closets and vanity space.
Our bed cover is light blue and pillows are browns and greens.
Any help you give with paint choices is greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help me pick paint colors, attic remodel photos

You can't go wrong with a neutral about the color of light mushrooms. It doesn't read white or beige, but somewhere in between. When this color was first recommended to us, I thought the sample chip was *way* too dark, but it's not. It will go with your blues and complement your green and browns.

And...paint's cheap. If you hate it next month, change it.

o

Here are pics, I hope. This may just take you to our flickr site. Thanks for all of your help and ideas!

o

I you are not sure and you would like to see best options to balance your wall colour and fabrics, I recommend this danish online tool Colour Scheme Desiner (http://colorschemedesigner.com/).

Here is a link that might be useful: How to choose wall paint

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Remodeling Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here