Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeaick

Matching trim?

jeaick
11 years ago

I bought my house a few years ago meaning to update it throughout time. Now I'm in the position where I have to move int he spring and I'm trying to update it quickly on a small budget. My current issue is that there are so many different types and colors of trim in this house!

The remodeled kitchen has trim stained a dark walnut. The windows throughout the house have casings and trim that are stained wood, a medium oak color that is the nicest looking out of all the trims. The crown molding in most rooms is painted white. And the majority of the trim and door casings are a very blah medium-dark brown. Most of the doors are that dull wood color of cheap hollow core doors.

I don't think I can possibly find the money to replace all the trim with matching. What do I do? Do I paint absolutely everything white so that at least it will match? I hate to paint the really nice window casings and trim, would it be just too weird if I left them stained and painted the rest white? Do I try to replace what I can and stain to match the windows?

Comments (3)